If you believe an elderly or disabled adult is being abused, neglected, or exploited you can make a report 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During regular work hours call 336-242-2500 to share your concerns. At other times, call 336-249-0131 and ask to speak to the On-call Social Worker. Reports of suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation are evaluated and when needed, services to prevent reoccurrence of problems are provided. Go to Adult Protective Services for additional information.

Assistance Eligibility

Single adults and families without minor children in the home must generally meet different eligibility criteria for assistance than families that include minor children. Find information on Food and Nutrition Services and Adult Medical Assistance.


Social Services is committed to being an advocate for the elderly and disabled population by providing timely, quality services and protecting those who have been abused, neglected or exploited. Our goal is to ensure that all people of Davidson County receive quality assistance and services that will help them, when possible, gain a more meaningful and independent life, and to provide these services in the most timely and efficient way.

Adult Social Work Services

Davidson Social Services (DSS) advocates for and provides services to adults and disabled persons 18 years of age and older. Emphasis is on preserving their dignity, enhancing their independence, and assuring them an optimum level of physical and emotional well being.