The Davidson County Register of Deeds maintains birth, death, and marriage records for people who were born, died, or whose marriage license is filed in Davidson County.
Who May Obtain a Certified Copy
Certified copies will be issue to:
- The applicant
- The applicant's spouse
- The applicant parent/step-parent
- The applicant brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister
- The applicant's child/step-child
- The applicant's grandparent/grandchild
- Any person seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights
- An authorized agent, attorney or legal representative of the applicant
Identification is required from all who request a certified vital record. Uncertified copies of all vital records are open to public inspection.
How to Obtain a Certified Copy
- Access the online forms and payment system. The system accepts all major debit and credit cards.
- On the online form, you will be asked to provide your required mailing address(es). We will send your requested documents to the mailing address(es) provided.
- All vital documentation is sent via regular U.S. Mail.
- Open to the Public: Yes
- Fees: $10 Per Certified Copy
- Description: Maintain and Preserve Birth, Death and Marriage Records