Through the efforts of local volunteers, Davidson County Senior Services accomplishes its mission of Empowering, Engaging, and Encouraging the Aging Population of Davidson County. Volunteers undergird the work done throughout the county by helping run nutrition sites, delivering Meals on Wheels, supporting office operations, assisting tax aid workers, and helping run the many activities provided through the agency. Each month DCSS organizes around 1,500 hours of volunteer time, as local citizens make Davidson county’s senior population safer, healthier, and happier through their efforts.
- Committees/Boards - Serve on agency boards and committees advocating for older adults
- Cafés - Volunteer at one of five cafés which provide food and activities for seniors who gather to enjoy fellowship.
- Meals on Wheels – Join one of our 23 driving teams which deliver a combined 1,200 hot meals across the county each week
- Office Support – Assist office staff by serving as a receptionist, performing general office work in a senior center
- Senior Center Special Events – Help with operations during senior center events such as the Senior Games, instructional classes, and various fun activities
Volunteer Training Worksheet
“Volunteers for Senior Services perform a wide variety of tasks to help us complete our mission.” Please see the volunteer worksheet at this link: Volunteer Training Worksheet This worksheet will help you examine your past volunteer experiences, focus on the health benefits you garner from assisting others, and empower yourself to do more in the community. Take a moment to examine why you volunteer and how you can maintain better “work-life balance” going forward! Please do not worry about returning the worksheet. It is meant for you to utilize as a self-reflection tool. If you ever have questions about our volunteer program, please contact Chris Bitterman, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org