- Departments L - Z
- Title VI & Other Documents
- Civil Rights & Reasonable Modification Policy
Civil Rights & Reasonable Modification Policy
Civil Rights Protections
Davidson County Transportation System is committed to operating transportation programs and services without regard to disability, race, color or national origin, in accordance with applicable federal statutes:
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act** ADA Complaint Form
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
A. Requests for Reasonable Modifications of Policies and Procedures
The Davidson County Transportation System is committed to ensuring a reliable, accessible experience for all customers. If, due to a disability, you are not able to fully utilize Davidson County Transportation System programs and services (including deviated fixed routes, demand response and paratransit services) because of a policy or procedure that Davidson County Transportation System has established, you may submit a request for a modification of the policy or procedure. To request a modification, complete a Request for Modification of Policy / Procedure Form or call 800-588-7787. All requests for reasonable modifications to Davidson County Transportation System policies or procedures will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that the Davidson County Transportation System may be unable to accommodate requests for modifications which would:
- Result in a fundamental alteration to the nature of the service
- Create a direct threat to the health or safety of others, and;
- Create an undue financial or administrative burden. Requests for modifications might also not be granted if the Davidson County Transportation System determines that the service can be fully utilized without the requested change. In the event that a barrier to access exists, but the requested modification cannot be granted, the Davidson County Transportation System will, to the maximum extent possible, assist in determining other possible actions that might be taken to provide access to its programs and services.
B. Reasonable Modification of Policies and Procedures
Individuals with disabilities may ask Davidson County Transportation System to modify a policy or procedure if they feel the policy or procedure is discriminatory or prevents them from fully utilizing Davidson County Transportation System services. Davidson County Transportation System will review these requests and will modify policies unless it finds that:
- The person can fully utilize the service without the requested modification (i.e., it is for convenience only).
- The change would create a direct threat to the safety of others.
- The change would fundamentally alter the nature of the service.
- The change would cause an undue financial or administrative burden.
Davidson County Transportation System encourages people to request such modifications in advance when possible. To request a modification of a policy or procedure in advance, complete the Request for Modification of Policy / Procedure Form, or by calling 800-588-7787.
Davidson County Transportation System will be guided by examples in Appendix E of 49 CFR Part 37 of the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations Website when making decisions on requests for modifications of policies.
If Davidson County Transportation System denies a request, it will consider other reasonable actions or approaches that might be able to meet the personal needs.
Davidson County Transportation System has designated its Transportation Manager to coordinate the acceptance and review of requests for reasonable modifications of policies. This policy will be communicated to the public on the Davidson County Transportation System website and in the rider guide, system informational guide / brochure, etc.